Get a grip. It was just a dream.
I’m grossed out by the kind of stuff tumblr does to its users over an extended period of time
Grammar and punctuation is completely lost on some people, to the point where their posts are unreadable and irritating
And tumblr fosters and feeds this incredible narcissism and need to impress people- people who don’t really matter in the grand scheme of things.
- Here is a thing that bothers me about all the conversations about the sexualization of women, misogyny and rape culture - especially with the release of the stolen nude photos of countless women. First of all, let me say that I understand that men should not rape, nor should a woman be solely responsible for her own protection.
- 1. Who do you think is buying all of the celebrity magazines that publish stolen photos? Paparazzi snap photos of people on balconies and private beaches every day. That too,is an invasion.
- The glossy audience is primarily made up of women, and until women stop their own hypocrisy, crying out against invasion of privacy and the over sexualization of women but still picking up their copy of US Weekly at the grocery store, things will not change.
- 2. Rape culture, for the same reasons, is perpetuated by everyone. Man and woman alike. And responding to things like nail polish that detects date rape drugs as a step in the wrong direction... Well. Why do we have burglar alarms in our homes then, if that's the attitude? We should teach people not to break and enter right? And we DO! Just like we teach our sons and brothers to respect women and rape is wrong. Women need to start owning their responsibility for our current "culture" instead of trying to offload it onto every male of a particular age.
- *I have experienced sexual assault in more than one way. It was not my fault, I was not responsible for the actions of the others involved, but I AM responsible for how I contribute to the world I live in.